Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dr. Cerra's Comments on Decision of

U of M President Bruininks to

Ignore Med School Faculty Input


For background, please see: Faculty Governance at the University of Minnesota is an Oxymoron

For the full document, please see: Email from Dr. Cerra About President's Decison to Ignore Med School Faculty Input


From Dr. Cerra's Email:


I'm writing to follow up on the memo you received from President Bruininks where he articulates his decisions for the structure of health sciences...

I want to clearly state that the President has widely consulted and considered multiple options, and that after listening he has reflected on what he's heard and has made his decision.

I'd like to urge all of you to join me for a hot dog lunch on Tuesday, July 13 - and to reflect on all we've learned...

I think that about says it all, Frank.

+++

No comments: